this site is best viewed in 800 x 600 resolution with Mozilla Firefox

Tentang Aku



Apa? Awak Cakap Apa?!

Coretan Yang Dulu

Arkib Im

Rakan Blog Im

Pautan

Afiliasi

Penghargaan

Powered by Blogger





Thursday, March 31, 2005

Sepet

A Movie Worth Seeing

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Cute plak aku tengok diorang ni...



Orked:

So, what's the name of the Malay girl u met in school?

Ah Loong:

Don't know. I was too young and too shy to ask.

Orked:

So, I'm just a substitute la ni?

Ah Loong:

No lah, its 'yen fen'.

Orked:

Huh?

Ah Loong:

It's a Mandarin word for destiny. The girl was destiny's way

to prepare me for Orked.





The main reason of me staying back during this holiday is to finish my final year project. Two weeks passed, and after doing some rough calculations, I figured I spent 2% of it on my project. The rest goes to sleeping, eating, sleeping again, chit-chat on virtually worthless issues and watching CD's. Pathetic! But wutta heck, still got 3 months of holiday. Still got time to waste. Ha..ha. I just hope this statement will not come back and bite me.

I finally got the chance to watch 'Sepet', a movie by Yasmin Ahmad which won le Grand Prix du Jury awards in France. I know.. I know, probably it's old news because the movie has been out for quite some time, but hey, it's not that bad. Watched it around midnight yesterday. Got up this morning and watched it for the second time. My thots? Loved it. Unique and creative, no doubt. My knowledge of Malay movies is limited, but I think in terms of originality, it's authentic. No 'copycat'ing of scenes and dialogues from other movies already a blockbuster in the market. No Erra Fazira, Yusry KRU or Rosyam Nor. No Prof Madya Razak (Not that I hate or disrespect them mind you). And daring to be different. As for me, being original is what's important. That is what I respect and admire. In the end, you will always be who you are, not someone else that you want to be.

I surfed the net and surprisingly found Madam Yasmin's blog. Maybe I'm the only one feeling weird, but it amazes me that a 47 year old renowned and very busy director blogs. Gives me all the more reason to blog too.

The theme of the movie, she said is that you don't have to understand people to love them. You like who you like, and you shouldn't have to justify your feelings to anyone else. She also said, and I quote, "First love always fascinated me because it happens to you at a time when you have not yet learned to lie to yourself. With first love,you accept the other person for everything that they are, warts and all.I believe that our first love is the truest love of all."

Madam Yasmin, I believe it's very true too.

To visit Madam Yasmin's blog,click here .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home